Situated at the foothills of the Himalayas, the Eco-Ashram is set to nurture the minds of those concerned about the planet’s future. This is where people across different walks of life gather to develop an understanding and sensitivity towards a sustainable and responsible existence. Transforming realisation into action, the experience of staying in the lap of nature and learning from eminent experts in addition to various hands-on-activities and field trips, is certain to leave an indelible mark on each participant!
Program Theme: Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Development : A Social, Legal and Scientific Approach
Who May Apply : All College / University Students
Date : 14th – 20th June, 2016
Venue : Swastigram (Eco Ashram), Medawala, Thano, Dehradun
This Program is aimed at providing the participating students with an insight into the multitude of challenges the natural environment of India is facing, with particular emphasis on impacts on human life and bio-diversity. An ever-increasing population leads to an ever-escalating pressure on the natural resources, thereby endangering the effective implementation of environmental laws and administration of equitable justice. By understanding the multi-dimensional impacts of current development models, the national and international legal instruments for environmental protection, contemporary case studies and sustainable solutions for harmonious and inclusive growth, this training program will leave each student equipped to form the correct opinion and take effective steps towards protecting our natural environment!
Key Features of the Course
- Lectures by eminent environmental scientists, lawyers, officers, activists etc. including Mr. M.C. Mehta (Environmental Lawyer and Activist)
- Field Trip to one or more of the following places :
– Chandi Pul and Harki Pauri, Haridwar
– Sewage Treatment Plant, Triveni Ghat (Rishikesh)
– Herbal Garden, Rishikesh
– Aarti at the Banks of Ganga Ji
Location will be finalized subject to permissions. Activities will also be conducted during field trip such as cleanliness drives etc.
- Jungle Treks / Nature Walks and Bird Watching
- Yoga Sessions and Exercise
- Interaction with local villagers to understand Sustainable Living
- Resource Material on Selected Topics Related to the Course Theme
- Star Gazing and other fun activities etc.
- Group Discussions / Debates or other participative events
- Special Lectures under Peepal Trees
- Fruit Trees and Rare Birds within the Campus
- Certificate of Participation made of Recycled Paper
Facilities: This is a residential program, which includes the following:
– Accommodation on sharing basis separately for both the genders (including separate
washrooms for girls and boys)
– All Meals and Snacks
– Doctor on Call and First Aid Facility
– Pick up and drop from Dehradun Railway Station
Themes for Discussion:
- Environment and Pollution Laws: Basic Principles & Evolution
- Institutional Framework of Environmental Justice in India
III. Case Laws and Current Scenario of Environmental Enforcement
- Impacts of Climate Change on India’s Biodiversity and Life
- International Environmental Conventions
- Status Quo of National and State Policies Protecting Flora and Fauna ; among others.
Registration Fee : Cost: INR Rs. 2,000/- as Registration Fees + INR Rs. 13,000/- (Program Fees) = INR Rs. 15,000/- .
Last date for registration is 23:59 p.m. on 24 / 05 / 2016. All students are required to e-mail the filled Registration Form at the time of registration.
Registration Form : The Applicants are required to fill the form available on the following link. Registration stands complete upon receipt of the form and payment. https://goo.gl/7DIYXv
Early Bird Discount : All candidates registering on or before 10/05/2016 will get a discount of INR Rs. 2,000/- on the Program Fees. i.e. Total Payable of Rs. 13,000/-
NOTE : The registration fees of INR Rs. 2,000/- is non – refundable. In case of any cancellation two weeks before the camp i.e. in case of cancellation on or before 28/05/2016, only 50% of the Program Fees will be refundable.
Mode of Payment : Payment must be made either by way of a Demand Draft in favour of ‘ M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation, 3 A, Ring Road, Opp. Mool Chand Metro Station, Lajpat Nagar-IV, New Delhi 110024 ’ or via direct transfer into our account i.e. ‘ M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation, A/C No. 0132012053500, IDBI Bank, Siri Fort Institutional Area, Khel Gaon Marg, New Delhi-110049.’ (IFSC Code : IBKL0000010)
Contact : For any queries please feel free to contact us on: 011 – 41756519 or 9999024687. You may also write to us at email@example.com.